How long did it take for you to completely own your house now? For sure it took some time and there are even those who are still paying monthly amortization for their homes. Yes, owning a house is no joke as it will take years of sacrifices on each member of the family. Each one should tighten their belts so that they can save up enough money to pay for its monthly amortization. With these facts alone, you can just imagine how a homeowner will feel if they will know that as insignificant as termites are threatening the object of their sacrifices. But then again, termites are part of our world and you cannot really avoid them unless you do the necessary procedures like having your house inspected annually, incorporating chemical termite barriers and still many others. In sort, you must ask the help of termite treatment company to ensure that termites cannot invade your dream house.
But aside from hiring a termite control company, you can also do your own thing to prevent them and the best way to do so is to be familiar about termites so that you will know the signs that they are already around, their favorite hiding places and where they most likely to strike inside your home. So, for that, here are some facts about termites:
– One thing you should know though is that termites are actually mostly blind. However, this should not raise your spirits as they really don’t need that much eye sights just to generate damages to your property. Remember that they are always in the dark and they are only guided by the smell of termites ahead of them.
– Not all termites will actually attack your place. Just like humans, they also assign their tasks like they have soldiers, feeders, workers and so on. The workers are the ones that will attack your house, eat your wood floors and other materials.
Now, so that termites will not scout your place, you should do something to make it unattractive for them. Here are some of the things that you can do:
– As we all know that they are attracted to areas with more moisture, then try to resolve that by repairing any leaking faucets and also water pipes in your place.
– Protect your foundation by diverting any source of water from it.
– Always make sure that your gutters and downspouts are well cleaned.
– Clean your roof as well for any standing water.
– All your vents should be kept clear and well cleaned.
– Make sure that there will be no point of entry for them around water sources.
– As you will know that they are attracted to woods, so keep your unused woods from your foundations.
The bottom line here is to know more about termites so that you will know how to prevent them from invading your place. But still the best way to deter them is to have an annual house inspection.